Advanced Manufaturing Program
Why Should I Apply?
The Advanced Manufacturing Technician Program (AMT) offers a unique opportunity to earn a wage while attending college and gain priceless work experience with a global manufacturing leader. This allows you to enter the job market with less education debt, more real-world experience, and an advantage over graduates from other programs in getting the job you want.
Who Gets Selected?
Along with Application for Admission, Toyota personnel review and select potential students on the following criteria:
- Academic success as measured through grades and class rank.
- Math capability as measured through ACT or SAT scores (minimum of 19 ACT).
- Participation in Project Lead the Way as measured by the number of courses taken and the grades earned. (Note: PLTW is not required but improves chances of selection.)
- Commitment to remaining absolutely illegal drug-free.
How does the AMT Program work?
The Toyota AMT blends classroom instruction with on-site experience at the Toyota Manufacturing facility in Buffalo, WV. Classes include electricity, fluid power, mechanics, and fabrication. Upon completion of the program, graduates will hold an Associate Degree in Advanced Manufacturing. As a student of the AMT program you will:
- Attend two full days of classroom instruction per week.
- Maintain a “C” or higher in all classes to remain eligible for the AMT program.
- Work three days a week starting at $17.78 per hour.
- Possibly start a career with Toyota. Graduates selected to be hired by Toyota have the potential to earn as much as $61,000, plus excellent benefits.